Monday, May 14, 2007

Skunked! ~ANT sniffs out competitors weaknesses



In Poo Championsh*t Trophy history there has only been one skunk... the Inaugural event. Since then the matches have been mostly close with an overtime win by "The Clutch". Today was a weird disaster on many levels. Albeit ANT put some "stank" on it propelling him to a 3-0-0 win, but there was something missing.
Could it have been the break that was taken because ANT needed to talk to a customer? Could it have been the fun factor has changed because the three of the competitors - Clutch, sChag, and ANT have become so serious about the trophy? Could it be a new court must be found?
PooTrophy interviewed ANT after the win and he tried to answer those questions. We asked if the break made a difference in the overall outcome ANT's responded simply, "I didn't see much of a difference. I started hitting more, sChag was playing his usual, and Clutch wasn't hitting all day. We followed a similar pattern after the break".
PooTrophy then asked about the fun factor. Specifically, "Has the competition become so fierce that getting to the trophy win isn't worth the journey?"
ANT emphatically answered "No, it's always worth it." He continued more calmly "Whatever the journey, however I win a trophy, it's always crazy. It's never the same. The fun factor... I'm having fun, but I also think we need a spark. A change of venues would help a bit"
"So a change in location might help spark a new fire?" PooTrophy asks.
ANT replied, "It would help. It would give us all something new to try, but it won't fix everything. We will always be serious, but we need to get serious about having some fun too. Add some music, bring back the trash talking... that would help too".
PooTrophy was surprised by the response and begged the question "Trash Talking?"
"Yes." ANT replied with a sigh of a laugh. "Today there were complaints about my bank shots, but I only heard it under their breath. Trash talk... say it out loud. I'm game... it's fun and that is what we built this trophy for. During the game... say what you want. Before and after... respect. We need more trash... and maybe a new venue. I'll see what I can do."
So a SKUNK it is. However we got there ~ANT takes the trophy home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've some ground to make up, but I want to be the first to ten Poo Trophys. I don't expect a run like "The Clutch", but one by one, patience...